Recruitment & Hiring
- Criteria and Language in Hiring - This toolkit is designed to facilitate the hiring process in order to block bias and empower hiring managers, recruiters and interviewers to identify the best talent for the job. Learn how to (1) sharpen your use of criteria for better decision-making, and (2) how to identify and remove biased language.
- Gender Decoder for Job Descriptions - This site is a quick way to check whether a job description has subtle linguistic gender-coding.
- Implicit Bias Considerations in Phases of Recruitment and Hiring Process - Highlights each individual stage of the recruitment and hiring process, and identifies areas where implicit bias red flags may show up. Explains each step in the Talent Acquisition Lifecycle, as well as the Candidate Experience Lifecycle.
- For Hiring Managers – CA Proposition 209 and Diversity Recruitment at LBNL - Discusses California's Proposition 209 and its implications for diversity recruitment and hiring. Prepared by Berkeley Lab's Chief Legal Counsel.
- Veterans at Work Certificate Program - The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) Foundation's Veterans at Work Certificate, developed for HR professionals, hiring managers, and front-line supervisors, is a multi-faceted program from the SHRM Foundation.